Ali Club.com "
Minutes of Annual General Beer Gathering
held on 22nd October 2018 at
Ye Olde Whyte Lyon, Locksbottom
Present: Captain Mick John Andy
Gazza Ojal Pete
Apologies: Kevin, Bill, Vic Bazza
1. Endorsement of minutes from 14th May 2018 Beer Gathering:-
Ø The minutes of the May beer gathering were proposed as a correct record of that gathering by Gazza and seconded by Andy as a fine record of that event.
2. Captain Mick's 2019 24th Annual Tour Update :-
Ø All booked for Belek, Turkey 8th to 15th June 2019
Ø 3 twins and 4 singles
Ø Easyjet flights booked as follows:
- 8th June, Gatwick North 15.35, arrive Antalya 21.55
- 15th June, Antalya Terminal 22.45, arrive Gatwick 01.15.
Ø Tees booked for 11am ish on the Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Gazza will be arranging additional golf on rest days for anyone interested
Ø Accommodation costs are £749 for twins and £1,029 for Single (£40 a night supplement, total £280), Flight costs are £300
3. Treasurers Report :-
Ø Last year’s accounts were presented by life Honorary Treasurer John which showed a balance of £7,445 carried forward which is about £655 per person (x10) + £895 for Saint. By tour we should all have £1,315 on account (£655 + £650),
Ø Our current bank balance (after paying £750 deposit and £3,003 for flights is c.£5,775 which represents various amounts per person which are covered below:
- Pete, John, Ojal, Gazza, Andy - Paying £55 a month, £275 paid out of a total of £660. Single room supplement of £280 will be payable by Gazza, Ojal,
- Mick is paying £45 a month and has missed a payment so will be £95 short if he increase SO to £55
- Vic has a total of £110 this year in the bank, missed three payments so has £165 to pay pre tour - paying £55 a month
- Bill has a total of £923 c/f so will need to pay £392 pre tour
- Barry will need to pay £660 pre tour
- Kevin will need to pay £940 pre tour (£660 + £280)
- Saint has £1,070 in the bank and will have a further £245 by tour - Paying £35 a month , all to be carried forward
4. Confirmation of Officers:-
Ø Agreed in May 2010 that the existing officers would be automatically re-instated infinitely, subject to attendance. However Vic has officially stood down . We thank him for his many years of good and always respected service, Officers are therefore as follows:
- Honorary Treasurer - John;
- Honorary General Secretary - Pete;
- Honorary Handicap Secretary:- Andy
- Honorary Dealer - Bazza
5. Tour Shirts
Ø Gazza will sort out Tour Shirts and feedback in February on colour options.
Ø We will all be getting size L except Ojal, John and Vic who will get XL
Action: contact Gazza if you need a different size - All
6. Update on trophy engraving and handover :-
Ø Mick is holding the main trophy and will get it engraved.
Ø John is holding the Swingers Trophy which is already engraved
Ø Pete is holding the Seniors trophy which is already engraved
Action: Pete to take laminated copies on tour to save on luggage.
7. Captain's Christmas Drinks:-
Ø Captain Mick reminded everyone that Xmas Drinks will be held at Rafferty's bar on Saturday 8th December.
8. Future dates for your diary
Ø 8th December 2018 - Captains Xmas Drinks
Beer Gatherings (Mondays 8.30 at Ye Olde Whyte Lyon, Locksbottom):
Ø 25th February 2019 - Tour update, draw for partners
Ø 20th May - Handicaps
Ø 8th to 15th June - 24th Ali Club Annual Tour.
Gazza announced the AGBG was closed at 9.50pm
Puttin' Pete, Honorary Secretary 22.10.2018